Visión de 2021!
Written by: Sabrina Rivera Cabrera
2020 is finally coming to an end! We know that this last year has been the most rough and difficult year for everyone. 2020 held so many changes, heartbreaks, and growth. Some for better and some for worse. Yet we are finally at the home stretch and it is time to think of the new year that is right around the corner. So while we finish these last few weeks of winter, thought we should go a little old school! We want to create Vision Boards or crea la visión! We have no idea what 2021 will bring us but we can try and make a new narrative for ourselves.
- What were the positives of the year? Maybe you finished school or maybe you got into a new hobby. The negatives? Missed seeing your friends or family? Use this time to reflect. Take a moment and just make a list of the highlight reels or wished that things were just a little different.
- Remember! Think of things that were within your control! Do not fret over anything. We want you to think of things that you can improve. Get excited for the new year!
2) Nos enfocamos
- Got your list? Checked it twice? Better find out which one looks nice! Find the common factors between these positives and negatives list you made! Think about why these things matter to you and see if you can pull out the dream or goal you would like to achieve. Maybe it is a personal goal, business, or leisure. How important is it to you? Once you can answer that, throw it into your goals.
We did say we were making a vision board. We already figured out our goals. So we might need a couple supplies. If you want to DIY it then here is the step by step on how to create your vision board!
- Collect old or new magazines, pictures, stickers! Anything with some nice pictures or words
- Find the best images or things that would represent your goals. If you see a picture and think, “That is exactly what I want in my life!” then that is something you need on your board.
- Make a collage! Have fun with it, Make it pretty or crazy or artistic. Whatever works best for you and how you visualize your goals!
- Words of Affirmation! Sometimes we need a little pick me up. See what words make you feel empowered or hyped. You might want to add those to your board.
- Once you are done, place it somewhere where you can see it. Don’t leave it somewhere it can collect dust and you will forget. The idea here is to feel encouraged to meet your goals. If you can see the vision then you might forget it. Worse: You will constantly say, “I wish I could have done something like that” instead of actively trying to achieve your dreams.
If you don't have the time or the energy to create your vision board then that is okay! We are human! We all get a little busy sometimes! Here are some other ways you can create your own vision board without needing to go to the craft store.
- Photoshop/Editing apps - We all have used them at some point or another. It is a lot easier to simply cut & paste images digitally instead of physically. Also easier to collect pictures! You have unlimited supply of images and graphs at the palm of your hand! Use it!
- Pinterest Board! - This is a personal obsession of mine. Pinterest was literally made to create boards of random images for ideas and vibes. Not cutting or pasting required. Simple hit the pin button and you are done! You have your own board!
- TikTok & Instagram Reels - If you really want to get creative. Try doing a TikTok. Plenty of users are able to compile images, videos, and music to create a general aesthetic. Why not use it to create your vision of 2021?
5) Lastly, Show us your work!
We want to see your goals! Share them with us! Yas Mija wants to be able to experience your dreams with you! So once you are done making your Vision Board, use this #MijaManifestations so we can help you manifest those 2021 goals!!